Are you ready to take a step towards going natural and embracing your salt & pepper hair? I said good-bye to hair-dye over 2 years ago and I love the way my hair feels and looks not to mention more money in my pocket! No more running to the hair salon every 3 weeks to cover up my roots. I ain’t got time for that!
However, one of the things I have noticed after letting my hair go gray was that none of my old wardrobe seemed to look good on me anymore. I reached out to Jill Kirsh, the colour guru, for some help and tips. And I thought I would share them with you today.
But before we begin, let me introduce you and tell you a bit about Jill Kirsh.
If you aren’t convinced that colour makes a difference, or that Jill knows her stuff, check out this post!
5 Fashion Faux Pas That Make Salt & Pepper Hair Look Old
1. Don’t wear camel, rust, avocado and ivory. Instead wear clear vibrant shades like royal blue, pure white, emerald and fuchsia.
2. Don’t wear yellow gold. Wear silver, white gold & platinum.
3. Don’t wear bronze, rimless or pastel eyeglass frames. Opt for black, pewter, navy or a deep royal purple.
4. Don’t wear coral, citrine and turquoise. Your jewels are lapis, onyx and ruby colored stones. P.S. Definitely set the diamonds in white gold or platinum. Just sayin!
5. Don’t accessorize with tan or earth tones. Your go-to basic handbag, boots, shoes & belts should be black, true red and navy.
***NOTE: These tips are for salt & pepper hair only. Check out this post for gray hair mistakes and solutions.***
Jill has designed a wallet size customized swatch book that’s filled with pieces of fabric of all your best shades for your grey hair. You use it as guide for shopping for everything from tees, shorts and nail color to party dresses, jewels and stilettos! In addition to these being all your best shades, every color in your swatch book coordinates with each other, so you can have a wardrobe that totally rocks. You can shop Target or Neiman’s, it doesn’t matter. It’s all about the hue!
Her line also features customized mineral based, fragrance free makeup kits filled with all your best shades for the eyes, cheeks and lips. All the lip products, blush and shadows are paraben free, all the products are cruelty free and are made in the USA and all these shades blend beautifully with each other and compliment the hues in your swatch book.
For Jill’s whole line of products, including these beautiful scarves below, or to book a personal consultation, see her website at Jill Kirsh Color.
Thank you so much for sharing your expertise with me Jill, and I look forward to featuring you again soon.