Ok. I don’t want to jinx it but I helped my oldest son look for an apartment yesterday.
Is it un-motherly of me to be so excited?…For him I mean.
Oh, who am I kidding. I am absolutely giddy at the prospect. I am even willing to throw money at this to make it happen. And if you are about to write me a comment about how much I am going to miss him when my kid moves out, stop right there. Ain’t gonna happen. Firstly, the apartment is a stone’s throw away. Second, I love him but I can’t live with him any more.
I have never claimed to be the neatest person on the planet but honestly, this kid takes the cake…and leaves the plate in his room. And I think he is a hoarder. At least in my house he is. He brings home all sorts of stuff and leaves it right inside the front door. That will probably change when he gets his own place. Especially when I start bringing all his crap over there.
These are just a few of the things that I am looking forward to:
1. Coming home and finding the kitchen just like I left it, clean.
2. Not having to go to his room when I need a plate or glass because there are none left in the cupboards.
3. My programs on the dvr recording as intended and not cancelled to record some other stupid show instead.
4. Tools and other rarely used items in their proper place, not where ever they were used last.
5. Not having to hide food for recipes I want to make so they don’t get eaten before I get to it.
6. Being confined to my room on a Friday night because friends are over, not mine of course.
7. Finding shit broken when I go to use it and no one told me about it.
8. Having left over pizza for MY lunch, the next day.
9. Not having to park on the street during a rain storm because someone else has parked in my one car driveway.
10. Hot. Water.
Are you an empty-nester? Tell me, does the air smell fresher?
Create a life you love!
This FREE Mindful Planner has been designed to help you plan for your future, while still living in the moment and enjoying today with gratitude.