This Gingerbread Lip Scrub is not only a cute, inexpensive gift, it also is a great lip treatment that promotes healthy lips. And don’t we all need that during the cold winter months. Especially up here in Canada. Yes, it has snowed here already.
With the heat cranked up in my house and in my car, my lips get super dry, chapped and sometimes even cracked. Regular lip treatments with a lip scrub keeps my lips soft and smooth.
I have very sensitive skin so it is no surprise that I have to be careful what I put on my lips too. Some store bought treatments are just too harsh for me and can often make my lips worse! That is why I love making my own products with all natural ingredients.
Check out these other Christmas Gift Guides:
- From Hot Mess To Polished: Beauty Products Under $6 To Get Summer-Ready
- 4 Valentine’s day gifts for your beer-loving boyfriend
- 25 Christmas Gifts Every Coffee-Lover Will Love
- 12 DIY Mason Jar Christmas Gift Ideas
- 25 Awesome Christmas Gifts Under $10
- 25 Funny Christmas Gifts For Men
- 25 Unique Gifts For Dog Lovers
DIY Gingerbread Lip Scrub – The Perfect Stocking Stuffer
How to use a lip scrub:
- Wet lips with water.
- Scoop out a dime-size amount.
- Gently roll around on your lips for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove with a warm washcloth and rinse.
- Apply a lip moisturizer or lip balm.
- Limit treatment to once a week to prevent over-exfoliating.
Extra Tips And Information About Your Gingerbread Lip Scrub:
- When you are going to use after storing, mix together to incorporate any oil.
- You may substitute your favorite oil like coconut or jojoba for the olive oil. (If using coconut, it will firm up in the refrigerator. Try a 50/50 mix.)
- When removing lip scrub, leave any residual oil and allow it to penetrate.
- Ginger and Cinnamon may cause tingling. I made this with a small amount of both. If you know your skin can handle it, you can up it to ½ teaspoon of each.