This Gingerbread Lip Scrub is not only a cute, inexpensive gift, it also is a great lip treatment that promotes healthy lips. And don’t we all need that during the cold winter months. Especially up here in Canada. Yes, it has snowed here already.
With the heat cranked up in my house and in my car, my lips get super dry, chapped and sometimes even cracked. Regular lip treatments with a lip scrub keeps my lips soft and smooth.
I have very sensitive skin so it is no surprise that I have to be careful what I put on my lips too. Some store bought treatments are just too harsh for me and can often make my lips worse! That is why I love making my own products with all natural ingredients.
Make a batch for yourself and make a few for your friends as cute little gifts or as a stocking stuffer for all the girls on your Christmas list.
Scroll to bottom for the printable instruction card.
DIY Gingerbread Lip Scrub – Perfect Stocking Stuffer
- ½ C brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Save in a dry, sterilized container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Keep open containers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
How to use a lip scrub:
- Wet lips with water.
- Scoop out a dime-size amount.
- Gently roll around on your lips for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove with a warm washcloth and rinse.
- Apply a lip moisturizer or lip balm.
- Limit treatment to once a week to prevent over-exfoliating.
Extra Tips And Information About Your Gingerbread Lip Scrub:
- When you are going to use after storing, mix together to incorporate any oil.
- You may substitute your favorite oil like coconut or jojoba for the olive oil. (If using coconut, it will firm up in the refrigerator. Try a 50/50 mix.)
- When removing lip scrub, leave any residual oil and allow it to penetrate.
- Ginger and Cinnamon may cause tingling. I made this with a small amount of both. If you know your skin can handle it, you can up it to ½ teaspoon of each.