It’s November 1st and you know what that means. If you go into any store today, they will be swapping out their Halloween stuff for all things Christmas. The festive music will probably also start playing now too. If you are anything like me, you may feel like it is a tad too early. But honestly, the key to keeping your budget under control at this time of year is to pre-plan so you aren’t scrambling on the 24th of December.
Making your own Christmas gifts not only saves you money, it also allows you to spoil many more people. And don’t we deserved to be spoiled!
That is why I am so pleased to share with you one of my favourite and most versatile DIY homemade gifts. And they are super fast to make. Even in bulk. These Eucalyptus Bath Salts not only look pretty and smell great, they also allow you to give the gift of healing and relaxation. Epsom salts relieve tired muscles, aches and pains. Every woman on your list deserves that. From your family to friends to neighbours, they will all absolutely love this Christmas gift.
You can find most of these items in your local dollar store or you may choose to order online and have everything delivered to your home. Whichever way, don’t delay. Make these now and set them aside. You will be so thrilled that you started getting ready earlier this year. Plus, you can make extra for yourself and enjoy a nice soak with a Christmas cocktail as a reward for yourself.
Below the image tutorial is a recipe card that you can print out. Scroll down the page to find it.
Check out these other Christmas Gift Guides:
- From Hot Mess To Polished: Beauty Products Under $6 To Get Summer-Ready
- 4 Valentine’s day gifts for your beer-loving boyfriend
- 25 Christmas Gifts Every Coffee-Lover Will Love
- 12 DIY Mason Jar Christmas Gift Ideas
- 25 Awesome Christmas Gifts Under $10
- 25 Funny Christmas Gifts For Men
- 25 Unique Gifts For Dog Lovers
DIY Eucalyptus Bath Salt Christmas Gift
This post may contain affiliate links – which means if you click on them and buy something, I may earn a small commission. For full disclosure policy, click here.
- 1 1⁄2 cup Epsom salt
- 10 to 25 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- Food or soap colouring, optional
- Jars with lids
- Gallon size freezer bag
- Large mouth funnel
- Add the epsom salt to a large freezer bag.
- Add drops of essential oil to salt.
- Seal the bag and shake well.
- Add 3 to 6 drops of food colouring for a really festive look. Be careful not to overdue it. Too much food colouring can cause the salts to harden over time. You want them to cascade into a bath and not have to use a chisel.
- Seal the bag and knead the salts until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Use the funnel to transfer the salts to the jars.
7. Seal the jars and decorate with ribbons and/or cellophane wrap.