When it comes to meal planning, I’m always on the lookout for recipes that are quick to prep yet still deliver a tasty meal on the table. These easy and creamy chicken breasts are quick and easy to make, and they are jam-packed full of flavour! These creamy chicken breasts would be great served over rice, potatoes, or over pasta if you would like!
Smoked paprika can be an excellent cooking spice, but it can also be challenging to find! This recipe doesn’t require smoked paprika and instead provides a more mild flavour without the heat. If you do want to add a little heat to this dish, you could add some cayenne pepper, but this sauce is plenty flavourful without any additional steps.
This recipe calls for some common ingredients that you may already have at home or that you can easily find at the store! While it does need to bake in the oven for an hour, it only requires 20 minutes of prep work!
My favourite way to serve up these easy cream chicken breasts is with a side of rice, over pasta, or with a side salad. However, I’ve had these on their own plenty of times without complaint!
When making my meal plan, I like to choose theme nights to keep things exciting and rotate through the meals we have in my recipe binder. These easy cream chicken breasts are a great quick and easy meal that you can prepare without less than half an hour of prep, or as a fun way to make American food more enjoyable.
This would also make a great date night at home dish and is an excellent option for those looking to try some more adventurous recipes. Since this doesn’t require a lot of preparation and there are no funky ingredients, you don’t have to worry about pleasing picky eaters!
Easy Creamy Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bunches of green onions, thinly sliced (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cold water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced for garnish
- Pre-heat over at 350°F.
- Place chicken in lightly greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle sliced green onions evenly over chicken.
- Mix paprika, salt and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Add chicken broth.
- Stir well.
- Pour marinade over chicken and onions.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- At end of bake time, remove chicken from pan and set it aside. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Strain the pan juice into a sauce pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix water and cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the chicken juices in the saucepan.
- Heat the sauce over medium high heat and bring the solution to a boil.
- When the sauce thickens, remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and stir until blended.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with green onion and tomato slices.
You can print the recipe card here: