Cherry bread is a super easy and moist cherry quick bread that is bursting with sweet fruit flavor. The cherry glaze on top adds the perfect sweetness to the cherry loaf bread. If you are looking for a Valentine’s, Easter dessert, or even a Mother’s Day treat, this maraschino cherry bread is a must make.
Why This Is The Best Cherry Bread
- Simple Ingredients
- Moist Bread
- I Share the cherry glaze recipe that is a game-changer
- Bakes up beautifully
- Freezer Friendly
- Easy cherry dessert
Ingredients For Cherry Bread
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar
- Buttermilk Eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Almond Extract
- Maraschino Cherries
- Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make This Cherry Bread
- First, you want to add the dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix until combined, and then set aside.
- Next, you will add your granulated sugar, brown sugar, and eggs to a bowl and mix until it is well blended. Then add in the buttermilk, oil, and extracts.
- Slowly pour in the dry mixture and whip up until well combined.
- Fold in the cherries, and bake in a 9×5 pan, as directed below.
- Once done, remove bread from the oven, and allow it to cool.
- When you are ready, work on the cherry glaze. Just whisk up the ingredients and then pour over the quick bread.
Full directions are listed below, along with measurements of this cherry quick bread recipe.
How to Know When Dessert Bread Is Done?
You will take a toothpick and stick it in the center of the bread, and if the toothpick comes out clean with no wet batter. If you find your bread is browning too much on top while still needing to finish cooking, cover it with a tent of aluminum foil. This will help protect the top of the bread from overcooking.
Storing Maraschino Cherry Bread
I recommend storing your bread in the refrigerator. I find that it stores the best and helps to keep your bread the freshest. It will last for up to 5-7 days in the fridge.
Freezing Cherry Quick Bread
This quick bread can store for 3-4 months in the freezer. The big thing is not putting the glaze on the bread if you plan to freeze. The reason being is it will soak up the top of the bread. Just apply the glaze once the bread has thawed from being frozen.
Can I Use Fresh Cherries In This Recipe?
No, it would be best if you used maraschino cherries for this recipe. The juice and the cherries are essential. As real cherries will change the texture and flavor of his recipe too much, it could not bake up properly.