Sink your teeth into one of these frozen yogurt cups! A Greek yogurt and fruit cup with a cookie bottom. A fruity cheesecake flavored frozen yogurt bite that is bursting with flavor!
If you love ice cream, this Greek yogurt cup is calling your name. Eat it with your hands or put it in a bowl with a spoon. Either way, you will be head over heels.
Ingredients For Frozen Yogurt Cups
- Yogurt – I used Greek yogurt for added protein, but feel free to reach for any brand.
- Berries- Blueberries and strawberries were what I used. Fresh or frozen berries work great in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese – The cream cheese gives a cheesecake flavor to the yogurt!
- Sugar – The sugar is optional. Flavor to taste, I use a little sweetener in mine.
- Oreo Cookie – Golden Oreo cookies were the crust to these yogurt bites. The perfect sweetness to the creamy frozen yogurt.
How to Make Greek Yogurt Frozen Cups
- Start by taking the cream filling out of each cookie and putting it in the blender. The cookie portion set aside.
- In the blender, add in the Yogurt, fruit, cream cheese and blend. Taste and if you want add in sugar to taste.
- Place cookies in the bottom of a lined muffin tin. Pour the yogurt mixture on top and freeze.
- Once cups are frozen, serve and enjoy.
Variations to Yogurt Cups
- Use a flavored yogurt instead of plain yogurt.
- Change up the fruit you use. I did berries but any fruit or fruits would be tasty.
- Skip the cookie bottom if you want to lower calories.
- Top with fruit chunks to add texture and presentation value.
- Leave the fruit out and fold in mini chocolate chips instead.
There are so many ways you can change up this recipe. Have fun and create a dessert or snack that fits your liking.
How to Store Frozen Yogurt Cups
Once completely frozen you can transfer the frozen yoghurt cup into a freezer container or freezer bag.
Then freeze for 2-3 months. When you want one, remove and eat straight from the freezer. This is a great alternative to ice cream.
More In The Kitchen Ideas
- How to get started canning – Want to know how to can? Check out these tips and tricks to get you ready for your canning adventure.
- Chocolate glazed donuts – Skip the Krispy Kreme drive thru and make this copycat version at home. Tons of flavor and so easy.
- Organizing your fridge – If your fridge is packed full, give this method a try on to see if you can get your fridge organized once and for all.