Whip up a batch of these St. Patrick’s Day Brownies to serve up for your entertaining needs. A homemade fudge brownie that is frosted with green frosting.
If you are looking for that perfect festive dessert for the luck of the Irish, these brownies fit the bill.
Slice into these fudgy brownies and devour a delicious and festive St. Patty’s Day dessert.
Why You Will Enjoy This Fudge Brownie Recipe
- • Simple ingredients you might have in your fridge and pantry
- • A thick, fudgy brownie loaded with chocolate flavor
- • Homemade frosting that is colored green to be the perfect St. Patrick Day dessert
- • Family Friendly
- • Freezer friendly
- Chocolate Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
How to Make Fudge Brownies with Frosting
- Start by creaming your butter and sugar until it is nice and fluffy. Then add in the eggs one at a time.
- Next, add in your syrup, and then work on adding in the rest of the brownie ingredients. Pour the brownie batter into the greased pan and bake as directed on the recipe card below.
- Allow the brownies to cool once done. Then whip up your green frosting and spread over the brownies, and consider sprinkling with a few St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles.
Variations To Recipe
- Consider mixing in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the brownie batter for a delicious extra chocolate brownie.
- If you want, you can skip the homemade brownies and reach for a boxed brownie mix.
- Swap this frosting with chocolate frosting by adding a little cocoa powder into the frosting mixture, along with some vanilla.
- Add a little peppermint extract to the homemade frosting to give these brownies a mint flavor. Mint brownies are a very popular St. Patrick’s Day treat.
How to Know When Brownies Are Fully Cooked
To prevent serving up dry brownies, make sure to check your brownies. All ovens will vary a bit depending on altitude and such. So grab a toothpick and gently poke into the brownies to see if the toothpick comes out clean of wet batter.
If the toothpick is clean with no wet batter, place your brownies on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Best Way To Store Frosted Brownies
Frosted brownies are going to be best stored in the fridge. Since the frosting is butter-based, it can help and break down at room temperature.
So, place your pan of brownies in the fridge, making sure it is sealed tight. Then slice and serve from the fridge, or allow them to warm up at room temperature.
Can You Freeze Brownies With Frosting
Yes! Go right ahead and slice and place your brownies in a freezer-approved container or freezer bag. If you plan to stack the brownies, place a wax paper layer between the brownies to prevent sticking.
Then freeze your brownies for up to 3 months—Thaw in the fridge overnight. Or, for a quick thaw, sit the brownies on the counter, then serve once they have thawed.
So don’t wait, and give these festive St. Patty’s Day brownies a try today.