Are you looking for something sweet to make for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day? Look no further! These Red Velvet Cake Truffles are the perfect ending to a special dinner for two at home. You may not be able to go out this year but you can still treat yourselves to a scrumptious, desert. Bite sized and tempting. You won’t stop at one!
Print out this recipe below.
Red Velvet Cake Truffles Recipe
Decadent Red Velvet Cake Truffles are the perfect ending to a romantic dinner at home for two! The ultimate Valentine’s Day dessert you can easily make from scratch. You will love these fancy bites as part of your special dinner ideas for two.
Serving: 15 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 2/3 cup (160 g) buttermilk
- ½ cup (120 g) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 g) yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2/3 cup (210 g) flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp (7.5 g) baking soda
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp (10 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp red food coloring (Please add little by little!
- 1 + 2/3 cup (200 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (180 g) chocolate chips (white and milk chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
2. In a large bowl mix the egg, sugar, yogurt, buttermilk, and vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, pinch of salt and baking soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and stir with spatula.
- Add the gel red food coloring little by little.
- Put the mixture into the cake mold and bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Before removing the cupcakes from the oven, test with a toothpick or a knife. If the middle is dry take out from the oven.
- Rest for 15 minutes to cool down.
9. Melt the chocolates in a double boiler.
10. After the cake is cool down, crumble the cake, and add the cream cheese into it and mix it.
11. Make them balls and dip into the chocolate and decorate.
12. Cool them in the fridge.