Looking for a tasty way to use your air fryer? Whip up a batch or two of these Krispy Kreme Air Fryer Donuts. A yeast donut that is then dipped in a chocolate glaze.
This copycat Krispy Kreme donut recipe is finger licking good. Whip up these air fryer yeast donuts, and skip frying the donuts in oil.
Air Fryer Donuts
You will love the fluffy texture these donuts have. Plus you can make up a batch or two for a dessert to end the night.
You will see so many use canned biscuits to make donuts in the air fryer. This donut recipe is a homemade glazed donut that is delicious.
You will love this air fryer donut recipe because…
- Simple ingredients
- Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts recipe
- Fresh and hot donuts whenever you want
- Use extra dough for donut holes
- Can dip in any glaze you like
- A yeast mixture dough for the perfect fluffy donuts each and every time
- Chocolate Frosting
How To Make Imitation Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts
- Start by taking your warm milk and add yeast and a bit of the sugar in a bowl. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- Now add in the remaining sugar, eggs, and butter, stirring until it is well mixed.
- Use the dough hook and then add your flour into the donut batter and mix until it forms a ball. I used the dough hook on the stand mixer.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover, and allow it to double in size.
- Punch down the dough, and roll it out on a floured surface until it is 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out your donuts, and then repeat until all the dough is used. Let the dough rise for another 20 minutes.
- Grease your air fryer basket and place donuts in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the donuts once they are cooked through, and use a fork to dip in the chocolate frosting.
- Place on a cooling rack and then allow the donuts to cool then enjoy.
How to Know Yeast Activates?
When working with active dry yeast, you have to allow your yeast to bloom. That happens by adding warm NOT hot liquid to the yeast with a bit of sugar. The milk needs to be around 100-110 degrees.
Add in a little sugar as directed and then let the yeast sit. When it begins to foam that means your yeast is activated and it will work.
If the yeast does not foam up, that means it is not activated and in that your dough will not rise.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Donuts
- You must allow the donuts to rise, before you air fry. If not you will find they won’t be a light and fluffy texture.
- If you are worried your donuts are going to stick, lightly spritz them with oil.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer. Batch cook, leaving space between the donuts, otherwise, you will get uneven spots.
- You can use any style of frosting or donut icing for this recipe.
Storage of Leftover Donuts
Donuts are best when served fresh, if you happen to have leftovers go ahead and store them in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
The donuts can store at room temperature, or you can opt to freeze them for up to three months. If you stack the donuts place wax paper in between the donuts, to prevent them from freezing together.