I’m about 3 weeks into my new fitness program and I’m starting to feel good about it. Amazingly, I haven’t skipped a day at all. The motivation for that is simple really. I’m afraid that if I miss a session now, I will completely fall off the wagon. I know, it’s happened before. So I’m quite happy with myself for staying the course.
I don’t own a scale and I didn’t measure myself when I started, so the only tools I have to track my progress are how I feel, how I look and how my clothes fit.
So far so good!
- I feel like I literally bounce out of a chair now and stairs are no problem.
- It looks like my boobs are starting to be more prominent than my stomach, without surgery. lol
- I can put on my jeans straight out of the dryer without lying down.
Flush from my success, I have been doing some research on what I should add now. The following statement made it very obvious what I should do.
“People who are physically inactive can lose as much as 3% to 5% of their muscle mass per decade after age 30.” WebMD
Well count me in that category. Jeez, I must have nothing left! I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. A few different exercises with my hand weights seems like a good start.
I’m looking forward to boosting my progress and reaping the many benefits of adding weight training.
For the women over 50, let me list those benefits in terms you can relate to:
7 Reasons To Lift Weights After 50
1. To be able to wear sleeveless tops in the summer.
2. To wave goodbye with your hand and not your arm.
3. To be able to hold something up in place when asked for longer than a minute and not get all wobbly.
4. To not have to struggle to get a top off over your head.
5. To be able to wear a long-sleeved shirt and a jacket without feeling like Maggie Simpson in a snow suit.
6. To be able to go the distance when doing your hair (blow drying, curling/straightening/primping) without having to take a break because your arms are tired.
7. To be able to carry all the items you picked up at the grocery store when you were running in for one thing and didn’t think you needed a basket or a cart.
If you wish to see the real 7, you can click here.
I wish you all well in your own journeys to getting fit. Please feel free to share.
Design A Life You Love
Download My FREE Printable Ebook that will help you discover how journaling can benefit you, how to create room in your life for journaling and more!
Transform your life and mind with your new journal habit!